Xhale® Heat Seal Adhesive
Our adhesive coating process stands alone. Its performance in sterilizable packaging is unparalleled.
Xhale® adhesive with sure-seal DotCoat® technology uses a hot melt coating process to apply 100% solids in a uniform dot pattern. Our coating process maximizes adhesive anchorage and substrate breathability. Adhesive dots merge during sealing, providing a caulked effect for strong seal verification.
Our research and development of proprietary heat-seal coatings led to the development of Xhale® adhesives. Xhale® adds function and value to:
- DuPont™ Tyvek®
The DotCoat® Difference
Xhale®‘s cohesive separation allows for clean, smooth peelability.
Measure of porosity (in Gurley seconds):
- Raw Tyvek® (22)
- Tyvek® coated with Xhale® (30)
- Tyvek® coated with competitors’ adhesive (140)
Features & Benefits
- Save money with reduced EtO sterilization cycles and faster set-up and run speeds
- Extraordinary porosity: Breathability approaching uncoated Tyvek®
- Exceptional adhesive anchorage to substrate, eliminating risk of adhesive flaking onto the medical device
- Mistake-proof verification of a strong seal when dots from proprietary DotCoat® technology merge
- Engineered dot height forms continuous, evenly coated surface with precise amount of adhesive
- Unique cohesive separation formulation creates clean, smooth peelability
- Superior humidity and condensation resistance
- No yellowing over time from exposure to UV light, for high-quality device packaging appearance
- Minimal pressure needed during sealing operations which extends equipment life