The Unparalleled Xhale
Maximizes Anchorage And Substrate Breathability
Xhale® adhesive with sure-seal DotCoat® technology uses a hot-melt coating process to apply 100% solids in a uniform dot pattern. Our hot-melt coating process maximizes adhesive anchorage and substrate breathability while eliminating particulates. Adhesive dots merge during sealing, providing a caulked effect for strong seal verification.
Because there’s more openness in the substrate of the hot-melt coating, this allows for porosity and breathability during high-heat sterilization modes like EtO or steam.
Also, due to the way Xhale is made and processed, the adhesive glue sticks to materials significantly better than other hot-melt technology products on the market. This means it’s a cleaner product and won’t generate particulates.
Xhale Hot-Melt Adhesive Material Applications
Our research and development of proprietary hot-melt coatings led to the creation of Xhale adhesives. Xhale adds function and value to:
- DuPont™ Tyvek®
The DotCoat Difference
Xhale’s hot-melt coating cohesive separation allows for clean, smooth peelability.
Measure of porosity (in Gurley seconds):
- Raw Tyvek (22)
- Tyvek coated with Xhale (30)
- Tyvek coated with competitors’ adhesive (140)
Xhale Hot-Melt Adhesive Features And Benefits
- Save money with reduced EtO sterilization cycles and faster set-up and run speeds
- Extraordinary porosity: breathability approaching uncoated Tyvek
- Exceptional adhesive anchorage to substrate, eliminating risk of adhesive flaking onto the medical device
- Mistake-proof verification of a strong seal when dots from proprietary DotCoat technology merge
- Engineered dot height forms continuous, evenly coated surface with precise amount of adhesive
- Unique cohesive separation formulation creates clean, smooth peelability
- Superior humidity and condensation resistance
- No yellowing over time from exposure to UV light, for high-quality device packaging appearance
- Minimal pressure needed during sealing operations, which extends equipment life
High-Touch Service And Technical Support
Whether you need help creating a packaging solution or troubleshooting an issue with an existing product, Oliver Healthcare Packaging offers you dedicated support services. If you’re just getting into high-volume applications for healthcare packaging, you need high-touch customer support.